The programming guide provides detailed information on key Cortex features and how to customize and extend them.
In this guide:
- Resource Prototypes - Describes the concept of resource prototypes, auto-generated java classes based on your API definition.
- Resource Identifiers - Describes resource identifiers and how to use them.
- Configuring Prototypes - Describes the configuration of prototypes, prototype permissions, and OSGi servicebinding.
- Dynamic Fields - Describes dynamic fields generated by resources at runtime and how to use them.
- Extending Helix Resources - A high level overview of how to extend an existing Helix resource.
- Data Injectors - Lists the different data injectors Cortex provides and what they inject.
- Advisors - Describes advisors, a feature that can block a user's actions and provide advice as to how to unblock.
- Structured Error Messages - Describes how to use and manipulate structured JSON error messages in Cortex.
- Working with Mixed Models - Describes the differences between Helix programming model resources and legacy resources, and how to work with both when required.
- Logging - Describes the Cortex logging framework and common customizations.
- Cortex Web Application POMs - Provides an overview of the Cortex web application POMs structure.
- Adding third party jars to Cortex API - Describes how to add third party jars as OSGi dependencies to Cortex.