Account Management API is now deprecated and we recommend that you use Account Management functionality built into Elastic Path Commerce 8.2 and later.
The seller organizations uses Elastic Path Commerce Manager to configure the stores with catalogs, products, pricing, and other commerce requirements. The Account Management service enables sellers to define buyer organization’s account structure, such as divisions, or to assign associates to the divisions. Each buyer organization might have specific pricing depending on contract agreements, initial negotiations, or initial terms and conditions.
Organizational and Divisional Pricing Components
Account Management Service
Following are the organizational and divisional pricing components in Account Management service:
- Buyer organization and buyer
- In a B2B transaction, an organization’s representative shops on commerce website for the organization. This organization is the buying organization and the representative is the buyer
- In B2B Commerce, seller organization administrators create the buyer organization hierarchy depending on the organization’s structural requirements
- Each department, region, or premise part of buyer organization can be represented by division
- Individual shopper who has the buyer role permission can shop on behalf of each division
Elastic Path Commerce
Following are the organizational and divisional pricing components in Elastic Path Commerce:
- Price list
- Each store is configured with catalogs and products. Prices for the products in the catalogs are stored in price lists, and a price list is associated to a catalog and a currency
- The product code or SKU code in the price list associates the product or SKU in a catalog to corresponding price
- Price list assignments
- Links each product in a category to a price in the price list. Price list determine the price list from which the product price is retrieved for the shoppers
- Provides each customer segment the corresponding pricing for each product
- Customer segment
- Customer segment is a grouping of customers. In B2B, each division from a specific organization is considered as a specific customer segment for division-based pricing and all divisions from a specific organization is considered as a specific customer segment for of organizational-based pricing
In B2B, each buyer organization might have specific pricing depending on contract agreements, initial negotiations, or initial terms and conditions. Elastic Path supports Organization-based that enables organization specific pricing for an organization. The following diagram illustrates organization-based pricing in a seller organization that has a B2B online store, Store 1:
The buyer organizations (Buyer organization 1, Buyer organization 2) can purchase products from Store. However, Buyer organization 1 gets the pricing in the Price List 1 and Buyer organization 2 gets the pricing in the Price List 1.
With the Account Management service, the seller organization can provide division-based pricing for various divisions across organizations. The following diagram illustrates pricing in a seller organization that has a B2B online store, Store 1:
The buyer organizations (Buyer organization 1, Buyer organization 2) can purchase products from Store 1.
Buyer organization 1 has 3 different divisions, such as Sub Division 1, Sub Division 2 ,and Sub Division 3. In this example, each sub-division can purchase products from Store 1. However, each sub-division gets the division specific pricing corresponding to that division. Sub Division 1 gets the pricing in the Price List 1, Sub Division 2 gets the pricing in the Price List 2 and Sub Division 3 gets the pricing in the Price List 2.
The following workflow describes how Elastic Path Commerce Manager and Account Management services operate together:
- A new division is added in Account Management service
- A customer segment for the division is added in Elastic Path Commerce Manager
- The price list containing the division-specific prices is created in Elastic Path Commerce Manager
- A price list assignment for the customer segment that contains the selected division is created in Elastic Path Commerce Manager
- A customer is assigned to the customer segment
- Shopping cart is updated with division-based pricing
- When the associate shops, the divisional pricing is applied automatically. The pricing is provided by the price list assignment