Note: The following instructions are for the Reference Chatbot using Facebook Messenger.
The Reference Chatbot is a flexible chatbot integrated with Facebook Messenger, which communicates with Elastic Path’s RESTful e-commerce API, Cortex API. Through the Cortex API, the chatbot uses the e-commerce capabilities provided by Elastic Path Commerce and interacts with data in a RESTful manner.
Setting up the Chatbot
Ensure that the following software are installed:
- Visual Studio Code with the following extensions:
- A valid Elastic Path development environment. For more information, see The Starting Construction Guide
Setting up a Development Environment
- Clone or pull the
facebook-chatrepository to your directory
- Run the
- Follow the instructions in Setting up Chatbot server
- Follow the instructions in Setting up Login server
- (Optional) You may integrate the Reference Chatbot with the React PWA Reference Storefront available here