Extension Points are hooks in the platform that are invoked when the system needs to make a decision or retrieve information. For multiple-extension Extension Points, all assigned Extensions are called in priority order. For single-extension Extension Points, the highest priority assigned Extension is called.
The list below describes all Extension Points that are supported in this version of Elastic Path Commerce. Future versions of the platform will support additional Extension Points so that more customization scenarios can be supported.
Data Source extension points are used to retrieve information required for Commerce operations. These usually have a default embedded plugin that retrieves data from the Elastic Path Commerce database, which can be overridden to retrieve data from external sources.
Metadata extension points are used to determine what information should be collected into map structures for processing or metadata persistence.
Logic extension points are used to implement algorithms or decision trees that determine how Commerce operations behave. These usually have multiple default embedded plugins that can be augmented with additional extensions.
- Order Hold Strategy
- Validate Product Sku at Add-to-Cart Read
- Validate Product Sku at Add-to-Cart
- Validate Product Sku at Checkout
- Validate Shopping Cart at Cart Create or Update
- Validate Shopping Cart at Checkout
- Validate Shopping Item at Add-to-Cart
- Validate Shopping Item at Checkout
- Validate Shopping Item at Remove from Cart