Following the instructions in this guide, you can set up a standard Elastic Path developer environment with the following:
- MySQL 5.7 Database
- Zulu Open Java 8 JDK (Java Development Kit) 1.8 (64 bit)
- Apache Maven 3.5.2
After completing the setup instructions, you can:
- Build and run Elastic Path Web Applications from the command line
- Import the projects into an IDE of your choice for development
Before setting up your developer environment, you must set up either a team infrastructure environment or a POC (Proof Of Concept) infrastructure environment with the following :
- A Maven repository
- Elastic Path source code
Elastic Path recommends to complete the prerequisites before setting up your developer environment.
Install Development Tools
Development on Elastic Path requires Zulu OpenJDK™ Java 8 (
Go to the Zulu OpenJDK™ site.
In the Select a Version of Java field, select 8.
In the Select a Target Operating System field, select an operating system.
Do one of the following:
- For Windows: Download and extract appropriate installation file for Windows x64
- For Linux: : Download and extract appropriate installation file for Linux x64
- For Mac OS X: Download and extract appropriate installation file for Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Apache Maven is a dependency management and project build system required to build Elastic Path Commerce 7.5.0.
This version of Elastic Path is only compatible with Maven 3.5.2. It is not compatible with newer Maven versions.
To install Maven 3.5.2:
- Navigate to Maven distribution.
- Download the Maven 3.5.2 (Binary zip):
Navigate to MySQL distribution to install MySQL
5.7. You can select the appropriate option for your operating system.