Elastic Path supports the following products according to the information listed in these sections:
Significant changes this revision:
- Java support upgraded to Java 8 (v1.8.0_66)
- CM Client Mac OS X support upgraded to 10.10
- SQL Server 2008 support dropped (SQL Server 2014 certification in progress)
- WebLogic 11g support dropped (not compatible with Java 8 or Servlet 2.5+)
- CM Client Java Web Start support dropped (changes to JNLP permissions in Java 7u25 broke JWS for CM Client)
- Core Commerce upgraded to Servlet 2.5, Cortex upgraded to Servlet 3.0
- Tomcat 7 minor version at 65 to support Java 8
Certified and Compatible Platforms
Elastic Path products are supported when they are deployed on supported platforms. Elastic Path recognizes two categories of supported platforms: certified and compatible. Please read below for details.
Elastic Path products undergo regression and performance testing with certified platforms as part of the release process. These technologies have proven stability and performance and are the recommended configuration for Elastic Path products. Elastic Path's deployment documentation and performance guides include recommendations and best practices for use of certified platforms with Elastic Path products.
Elastic Path products are expected to function correctly when deployed with compatible platforms, but have not undergone testing with such platforms. Elastic Path does not provide recommendations or best practices for these technologies. It is the client's responsibility to correctly configure and provision these technologies with the associated vendor. Where a compatible platform is used in place of a certified platform, Elastic Path provides application level support and will address issues reported within the core Elastic Path software product; however, Elastic Path has limited ability to triage issues within compatible platforms that cannot be reproduced in a certified platform configuration. Additional support options may be available to assist with this.