You can add locales to Commerce Manager on the System > Store Settings > Locales tab. This enables you to localize product names and descriptions when creating your products. See creating your products. By default, there are a number of language codes available to add. If you want to use a language code that is not available by default, then you can add a localized product name and description for this language using create a product API request.
If you add locales using create a product API request.
- Locales created using this API request are not displayed in Commerce Manager.
- You must add the localized product name and description for each individual product.
- The localized product names and descriptions for products created using this API request cannot be edited in Commerce Manager. You must update localized product names and descriptions using update a product API request.
You can select a maximum of 5 languages.
Adding a New Locale
- On the System > Store Settings > Locales tab, select the language names you want to activate.
- Click Save. The status of the language names you have selected changes to Active.
- Once you have selected a language name, in Products > Product details, you can create product information for your products in the languages you have selected.
- You can make an active language inactive by deselecting its checkbox.