You can import products in PXM using a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file. The supported upload file type is
.csv files must be comma-separated and header-based.The following table describes the headers that are supported.
|name||Required||Specifies the name of a product.|
|slug||Required||Specifies a unique slug identifier for a product.|
|description||Required||Specifies a unique slug identifier for a product.|
|commodity_type||Required||Specifies a unique slug identifier for a product.|
|status||Required||Specifies the status of a product. Status can be either |
|sku||Optional||Specifies a unique sku identifier for a product.|
|mpn||Optional||Specifies the manufacturer part number of a product.|
|upc_ean||Optional||Specifies a unique universal product code for a product.|
|main_image_id||Optional||Specifies a unique ID of a main image file for a product.|
Here is an example of a CSV file that could be used to import PXM products.
- All product attributes are supported.
- You can include an
main_image_idfor your products for images that are already uploaded to Elastic Path Commerce Cloud. See Using Main Image Files.
- You can use any order you want for the header names.
- Header attributes must be the same as the product attributes.
- You cannot import product bundles.
A CSV file cannot have more than 50,000 rows, including the header. If a CSV file exceeds 50,000 rows, an error is displayed, and the products are not imported.
Using Main Image Files
You can use the main images that you have previously uploaded Elastic Path Commerce Cloud and assign them to your products when importing products to Elastic Path Commerce Cloud. You can do this by adding a
main_image_id header to your
.csv file. The ID you provide in
main_image_id is the ID of a file that has already been uploaded to Elastic Path Commerce Cloud using create a file.
In Commerce Manager, you cannot add main image files without first creating a product. You must use create a file to upload media without creating products.
Importing Custom Data (Flows)
You can also specify custom extension data in the CSV by specifying the flow
ID and the field
slug in the
template:<flowID>:<fieldSlug> format. Ensure that extension data:
- Starts with
- The parameters are separated with a colon.
- The second parameter is the flow ID.
- The third parameter is the field slug.
For example, for a flow with ID
82c10a02-1851-4992-8ecb-d44f2782d09b and a field with the slug
condition, the extension data for the product import is:
Importing Product Data
- In the Product Experience Manager > Products page, click Product Imports tab.
- In the Import File window, click Choose File.
- Browse to the location of your CSV file.
- Select your CSV file and click Open. A notification indicating whether the operation is successful is displayed. The imported product information is displayed in the All Products tab.