A catalog can have one or more hierarchies of products. The hierarchies contain all the products that you want to display in your store. Optionally, a catalog can have one price book associated with it. If no price book is assigned to a catalog, the products are displayed without prices. This feature can be used when you want customers to contact you for the pricing information.
Before you begin
- Create the hierarchies and price book you want to use in the catalog.
- In the Product Experience Manager > Catalogs page, click Add Catalog.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the catalog.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a description for the catalog.
- In the Price book field, select a price book.
- In the hierarchy field, select the hierarchies you want to add to the the catalog. You can add more than one hierarchy to a catalog.
- Click Save.
You must not publish a catalog before creating the catalog with the required settings. After publish, a catalog release is created, which is displays the products in the storefront.
- In the Product Experience Manager > Catalogs page, double-click a catalog.
- Ensure that all required configurations are made.
- Click Publish.
You can also click the ... icon in the catalog listing and click Publish to publish a catalog.
Editing Catalogs and Catalog Releases
If you make changes to a catalog, you must republish the catalog for the changes to appear in the store front. For example, you might make a change to a product or hierarchy.
In the Product Experience Manager > Catalogs page, select a catalog. The Edit Catalog tab is displayed.
Edit the Basic Information, Depending on your requirements.
Select Products List to see a list of products displayed in this catalog. You can filter the products. For example, if you are editing a product description, you can filter using the SKU, Product Name or Product Status.
Select the product you want to edit.
To manage your catalog releases, select Edit Catalog > Releases. The latest release and the two releases prior to the latest release are displayed.
- Select Release Details to view the release details. The Release Details tab is displayed.
- Select Products List to see a list of products displayed in the catalog. You can only edit existing products or add a new product if it is associated with the hierarchy displayed in the catalog.
- Select Hierarchies List to see a list of hierarchies displayed in the catalog. You can only edit the existing hierarchies, you cannot associate a new hierarchy with a catalog release.
Once you have finished making the required changes, do one of the following:
- If you do not want to publish the changes, click **Save**. - To publish the changes to the catalog release, click **Edit Catalog** and select **Publish**.
When you delete a catalog, the catalog configuration and all its releases are deleted. The hierarchies, products, and price book remain in the database. If the catalog is associated with any catalog rules, you must first update the catalog rules to remove the catalog.
To delete a catalog, in the Product Experience Manager > Catalogs page, click the ... icon in the catalog listing beside the catalog you want to delete and click Delete.
To delete more than one catalog, do the following:
- Select the checkbox in the catalog listings beside the catalogs that you want to delete.
- Click Actions > Delete.
Deleting Catalog Releases
- To delete a catalog release, select the catalog whose catalog release you want to delete. The Edit Catalog tab is displayed.
- Select Releases. The latest release and the two releases prior to the latest release are displayed.
- Select Delete on the release you want to delete. You are prompted to confirm you want to delete the release.
- Select Delete to close the dialog and delete the catalog release.