With promotions, you can provide discounts to your customers. A customer can enter a promotion code during checkout, and the discount is applied to their cart. Promotions have a fixed duration, with defined start and end dates.
Promotion codes can be group codes or individual codes. For example, you can offer a seasonal discount to all customers, such as
SUMMER-SALE, or you can offer preferred customers unique discount codes.
You can choose from the following types of promotions:
- Fixed discount: Reduce the product price by a fixed amount, such as $5.00 off.
- Percentage discount: Reduce the product price by the percentage specified, such as 10% off.
- X for Y: Offer a bulk discount based on unit price, such as 2-for-1 sales. (API only)
- X for Amount: Offer a bulk discount based on a fixed price, such as 3-for-$20 sales. (API only)
- Bundle fixed discount: Offer a bulk discount when selected products are purchased together, such as buy any two items from a list for $100. (API only)
- Item fixed discount: Reduce the product price for multiple items by a fixed amount, such as $5.00 off.
- Percentage item discount: Reduce the product price for multiple items by the percentage specified, such as 10% off.
Promotion codes expire automatically at the end of the promotion period, and are removed from the promotion. You can also manually stop a promotion at any time within the promotion period.
In the cart, promotions appear as cart items with negative values, where the negative values represent the discounted savings. The cart summary includes the total of the discounted savings and subtracts that amount from the cart sub-total.