If you want to evaluate Commerce Cloud, please contact us to speak with an Elastic Path representative.
This API Reference Guide describes the resources, endpoints, methods, requests, and responses that are available to you in the Commerce Cloud API. For an overview of the top-level endpoints, see API Endpoints Overview.
For backward compatibility, code samples and URLs continue to use
Introduction to the API
The Commerce Cloud API follows a microservice architecture that enables you to plug commerce into any part of your application. The API is built on the JSON API specification, follows predictable REST API URLs, and supports cross-origin resource sharing. The two-track authentication layer enables destructive and non-destructive actions across projects.
All requests must include an authentication token in the header. Generate the token by using your API keys.
- To find your API keys, see the Dashboard Home page under Your API Keys.
- To use the API to generate a token from your API keys, see Authentication or Your first API request.
- To learn more about API keys, see Security.
If you’re looking to test or develop with the Commerce Cloud API, we recommend using the Elastic Path Postman collection. The collection includes all endpoints.
Software Development Kits
Elastic Path officially maintains the following Software Development Kits (SDK) for Commerce Cloud. Other community-driven SDKs are available within the Moltin GitHub organization.
The Node.js® SDK (formerly called Moltin Request) is supported for existing Commerce Cloud shopper experiences. The Node.js SDK is not being expanded or maintained, therefore the library does not include recent API endpoints. Within this guide, the supported endpoints include sample Node.js requests.
Get the Node.js SDK.
Elastic Path Documentation & API Help
You can find supporting documentation and help in the following resources:
- Commerce Cloud documentation - The home page for all Elastic Path documentation and help.
- Key Concepts - Learn about commerce topics and understand how Elastic Path implements the concepts.
- Your first API request - Learn how to make your first API call.
- How-to guides - Learn how to achieve your goals with step-by-step instructions.
You can find a self-serve Commerce Cloud API course and other learning opportunities at Elastic Path Education. Sign in, select the Content Library, and search for
Commerce Cloud API.
The Reference Experience stores page contains a list of example shopping experiences and integrations. Demo storefronts can be viewed from this page or from the main menu of this website.